- Slurry mechanical seal is a "Flushless Mechanical Seal"
- Suitable for 'Stand Alone' operations in abrasive/corrosive fluids
- Variations of basic design to suit specific applications and equipment
- Used in pumps, agitators, and other designs of rotating equipment
- Lime slurry, Coal slurry, Potash, Soda ash, Alumina hydrate, Catalyst slurry, Caustic slurry, Phosphate slurry, Raw sewage
- Slurry mechanical seal as a simple "pre-set cartridge seal" that requires no measuring or special tools for assembly into the equipment housing easily disassembled and rebuilt either in the field or plant workshop, without the need of any special tools.
- Replacement seal parts are easily fitted by hand, using only a suitable lubricant and basic hand tools.
- Sealing many products in various types of fluid handling equipment WITHOUT any type of flush thereby eliminating product dilution or contamination from barrier fluids or gases. (Some services a flush has been shown to prolong seal life).
- Optimum sealing performance while running totally submerged, but to also withstand intermittent dry running situations, and still maintain a positive seal when the fluid returns to the seal area.
- Applied spring technology and elastomeric coatings to allow for even greater flexibility and operating conditions of our seal.
Simplicity of Design
Design features have minimized the number of parts facilitating ease of assembly and installation. Fewer o-rings than other slurry seals reducing the number of possible leak paths.
Easy to Repair
Customer can repair the seal in their own facility without special tools or equipment.
No Flush Required
No flush is required thereby eliminating product dilution.
No flush piping or flush system to install and maintain. Also no product dilution saves on energy costs incurred to remove any flush fluid.
Conical Spring Assembly
Does not clog when immersed in slurries, remaining free to flex.
Cartridge Seal Assembly
No special tools, equipment or measuring instruments are required for installation.
Minimum Number of Seal Sizes Between 1"-9"
Minimum amount of spares for inventory, thereby minimizing inventory carry costs and freeing up shelf space. (Traditional mechanical seals are sold in 1/8 in. increments. One PANACEAL compared to eight traditional seals).
Seal is Internally Mounted
Can be installed and removed from the wet end of the pump; the drive end does not have to be disturbed saving on labor costs.
Large Radial and Axial Tolerances
Can accept significant radial and axial misalignment (Up to .025" radial, and .040" axial).
Thick Cross-section of Seal Components to Compensate for Wear
Longer operating life.
Large Clearances at the Inside Diameter of the Rotary Head
No seal hang-up due to product crystallization on the atmospheric side of the rotary assembly. (Product crystallization is a normal result of face lubrication).
Elastomeric Cup on Rotary Face with External Elastomeric Drive Lugs
Absorption of any shock loading at start-up or a slip-stick condition during operation. Also, compensates for misalignment of seal faces.
Patented Tungsten Carbide Rotary Face Insert with Nickel Binder
- Better wear characteristics.
- Will not heat check quickly.
- Can tolerate intermittent periods of dry running.
- High thermal shock resistance.
- Higher corrosion resistance than other tungsten carbide grades.
Abrasive Resistant Silicon Carbide Stationary Face
- Extremely hard material gives longer life in abrasive applications.
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion.
- High thermal conductivity allowing better dissipation of frictional heat generated at the seal faces.
Email Us for Pricing >>
Request Price Quote
Call: 604 298 6777 - Toll Free: 1 877 363 7325