Straub Flex coupling will join virtually and plain end pipe. Whether pressure or suction lines, thick or thin wall pipe, the Straub Flex coupling is installed quickly, safely and economically.
Straub Flex couplings can accomodate pipe system expansion and contraction movement as well as angular deflection. Straub Flex couplings require the pipes to be axially restrained and are an economical alternative to rubber and metal expansion joints.
STRAUB-FLEX type couplings do not have a grip ring and are therefore suitable for applications requiring axial movement due to thermal growth or other factors and they are suitable replacement for expansion joints.
STRAUB-OPEN-FLEX couplings are a split case version of the standard STRAUB-FLEX coupling.
Pressure Responsive Seal
- Seal is reinforced by increasing line pressure, ensuring long life performance.
- Seals on rough pipe surfaces
- No lubrication of gasket is required
- Pressure or vacuum service
- Absorbs noise and vibration
- Low torque/compression ensures long service life
- Saves Space
- Allows pipes to be closely grouped
- Allows low profile installation
- Corrosion resistant construction
Ease of Handling and Assembly
- Light weight
- Simple and quick to install
- Stab fit, no need to disassemble
- Low torque required
- No pipe end preparation
- Never needs retightening
- No welding