Straub Open Flex is a split coupling version of Straub Flex, offering all the Straub Flex benefits, plus being able to make repairs to in service pipe lines.
With Straub Open Flex coupling, leaks due to faulty weld joints, pitting holes and short cracks can be temporarily or permanently repaired with minimal down time.
The split gasket design can be wrapped around the pipe and installed without pipe disassembly.
Assembly tools are available to ease the installation of the Straub Open Flex coupling. When used to join pipe ends the Straub Open Flex coupling provides the same flexibility features as the Straub Flex design.
Straub Open Flex couplings require the pipes to be axially restrained.
Wrap-around Design for Easy Access - Suitable for Temporary or Permanent Repairs - Reusable - For Pipes wit Anchor Points
Straub Flex type couplings do not have a grip ring and are therefore suitable for applications requiring axial movement due to thermal growth or other factors and they are suitable replacement for expansion joints.
Straub Open Flex couplings are a split case version of the standard Straub Flex coupling.
Pressure Responsive Seal
- Seal is reinforced by increasing line pressure, ensuring long life performance.
- Seals on rough pipe surfaces
- No lubrication of gasket is required
- Pressure or vacuum service
- Absorbs noise and vibration
- Low torque/compression ensures long service life
- Saves Space
- Allows pipes to be closely grouped
- Allows low profile installation
- Corrosion resistant construction
Ease of Handling and Assembly
- Light weight
- Simple and quick to install
- Stab fit, no need to disassemble
- Low torque required
- No pipe end preparation
- Never needs retightening
- No welding